Green Apple Pie Smoothie
Green smoothies are my favorite way to eat raw fruits and veggies, they are super easy to make, are ready in less than 5 minutes and taste really good. They are the perfect snack or breakfast.
If you like the flavor of apple pie then you will love this green apple pie smoothie. It tastes like an apple pie in a glass!
The classic combination of apple and cinnamon makes this smoothie simple and delicious.
I love using apples in smoothies. They add great texture, thickness and fiber. To get the most benefits out apples, don’t peel them but opt for organic. Apples are loaded with pectin, a cholesterol-lowering soluble fiber. They also have a high water content that helps you feel full.
Why did I add spinach in an apple pie smoothie? Spinach is rich in antioxidants, essential vitamins, and minerals. It’s packed with vitamin A, C, E, and K. You can’t taste the spinach at all, I promise! The cinnamon and nutmeg mask the flavor.
There are gorgeous apples in season right now, so blend yourself up a green apple pie smoothie! You know what they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away…:)
This green apple pie smoothie tastes like an apple pie in a glass! it's simple, smooth, creamy, delicious and has only 214 calories!
- 2 Granny Smith apples cored and sliced (not peeled)
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) 0% fat Greek yogurt plain
- 15 grams (1/2 cup) baby spinach
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 110 grams (1/2 cup) crushed ice
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the sweetness if necessary.
- To serve, pour into a glass or mason jar and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- Enjoy the green apple pie smoothie!
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!