Greek Yogurt Chocolate Panna Cotta
Greek yogurt chocolate panna cotta is silky smooth, rich and delicious!
Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert made with heavy cream, milk, sugar and gelatin. Although I love it, I haven’t made it for a long time for one reason: it’s very high in calories and fat.
To make it lighter, I used plain, non-fat Greek yogurt instead of cream, skimmed instead of regular milk and honey in place of granulated sugar. It’s only about 205 calories per serving and packed with protein!
To make panna cotta it only takes about 10-15 minutes but it does require being refrigerated overnight. You can prepare it ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Serve the Greek yogurt chocolate panna cotta in individual jars, ramekins or small glasses garnished with fresh fruit, caramel sauce, strawberry jam, chopped nuts, etc. It’s entirely up to your own preferences. I topped mine with a dollop of whipped cream and chopped chocolate for crunch and texture.
This yogurt panna cotta could be a cool and refreshing dessert or a delicious snack! Enjoy!
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Panna Cotta is silky smooth, rich and delicious! This dessert has only 205 calories per serving and it's packed with protein!
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) skimmed milk divided
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup+ 1 tablespoon (90 grams) raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4.4 ounces (125 grams) dark chocolate (60% cacao) finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup (350 grams) plain 0% fat Greek yogurt
- Toppings (optional): whipped cream, dark chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- Pour 60 ml (1/4 cup) of milk into a small bowl, and sprinkle the gelatin on top. When the gelatin softens, after about 10 minutes, stir the two together until combined.
- In a medium saucepan bring to a gentle simmer the remaining milk, vanilla and honey.
- Add the gelatin, and whisk until the gelatin has fully dissolved into the hot milk.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Pour the warm milk mixture through a sieve into the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted then stir in the Greek yogurt until fully combined.
- Pour the final mixture into small glasses, bowls, or ramekins. Refrigerate for 3- 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve the Greek yogurt chocolate panna cotta with whipped cream, coarsely chopped chocolate and a sprig of fresh mint.
*You can prepare it ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Nutritional informations are for plain panna cotta, without toppings.
Prep time doesn't include chilling time
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!