Cinnamon Apple Crumb Muffins
Soft, fluffy, and bursting with flavor, these cinnamon apple crumb muffins are delicious for breakfast or as a snack. They are studded with apple pieces, spiked with cinnamon and have a crunchy crumb topping.
I really enjoy baking muffins because they come together quickly and effortlessly. Simply use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir together the wet and dry ingredients just until they are combined. Be careful not to over-mix the batter!
Greek yogurt gives them a super moist texture. I used 2% fat plain Greek yogurt, flavored or full fat will work fine too.
You can find coconut sugar at most health food stores and it can be replace with white or brown sugar.
Granny Smith apples are perfect for these muffins, feel free to replace them with your favorite apples.
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Cinnamon apple crumb muffins freeze wonderfully too so you might want to make a double batch and freeze half. Wrap each muffin individually and reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Enjoy them warm straight from the oven with a delicious piping hot cup of coffee.
If you try these cinnamon apple crumb muffins let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram!
More muffin recipes
- Banana Bread Muffins
- Zucchini Cheddar Cheese Savory Muffins
- Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Double Chocolate Muffins
How To Make It: Cinnamon Apple Crumb Muffins
For the crumb topping:
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons quick oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
For the muffins:
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (130 g) all-purpose flour divided
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (140 g) plain 2% fat Greek yogurt you can also use full fat or flavored Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon (85 g) coconut sugar it can be replaced with white or brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup (120 g) peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples
- Make the topping:
- Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl, and stir in the coconut sugar, flour, cinnamon and oats into it until it is combined. If it’s too dry add a bit more coconut oil. Set aside.
- Make the muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray the cavities of a non-stick 9 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or grease and flour.
- Toss together the chopped apples and 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Whisk together the remaining all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, Greek yogurt, coconut sugar, and melted coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring gently until combined. Do not over-mix!
- Gently fold the apples into the mixture and evenly scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Fill the empty cavities with water to ensure even baking.
- Sprinkle each muffin with an equal amount of crumb topping.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
- Allow the cinnamon apple crumb muffins to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool completely.