Cilantro Lime Rice
Cilantro Lime Rice – a quick and easy side dish that complements any meal.
Cilantro and lime take plain cooked rice to a whole new level! It’s so flavorful, bright, fresh, and aromatic…the whole family will love it!
The ingredients are simple and it can be whipped up in no time right on your stove top. Cook the long grain rice in a 50/50 mix of vegetable stock and water to add flavor. After the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork and finish it off with a generous drizzle of lime juice, lime zest and a handful of chopped fresh cilantro. That’s it!
I used long grain rice but jasmine, basmati, brown rice or even cauliflower rice works well too! To make perfect rice on the stove, the trick is not to take off the lid while the rice is cooking. The build up of steam is what cooks the rice to fluffy perfection.
Leftover rice keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days, so you can make extra ahead to serve later.
Serve the cilantro lime rice with meat, chicken, fish, shrimp or with your favorite Mexican dishes.
Have you tried cilantro lime rice? If not give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram!
How To Make It: Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup (185 g) uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup (15 g) chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Using a strainer, rinse the rice under cold, running water.
- In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine the rice, vegetable stock, water, salt and bring to a boil.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, stir once, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Do not lift the lid during this time!
- Remove from heat and let it sit covered for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, fluff the rice with a fork, stir in the cilantro, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Add more salt to taste if needed, and serve.
this looks absolutely delicious and fresh!
Thank you! :)