Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
Start your day with a chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl! Vegan and Gluten Free
This chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl is a quick, easy, and delicious way to kick-start the day. Thick, creamy and rich, it tastes just like a dessert.
A smoothie bowl is made exactly like a smoothie, just slightly thicker. All you need is a blender and 4 ingredients (plus toppings) – whizz everything together, place the smoothie in a bowl and add your desired toppings.
I love smoothie bowls because:
- You can make smoothie packs ahead of time and just blend it in the morning for a fast breakfast.
- They are totally customizable. You don’t like almond milk? Use coconut milk or regular milk. Not a fan of peanut butter? Try using almond butter. Want more protein? Replace the milk with Greek yogurt.
- You can switch up your toppings so you’ll never get bored!
Top this chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl with whatever tasty garnishes you have on hand. I used goji berries, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, homemade granola, and toasted hazelnuts but you could also add chia seeds, avocado, unsweetened coconut flakes, fresh fruits, berries, etc.
Chocolate for breakfast? Yes please! :)
I’d love to hear what you think if you give it a try! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram!
HOW TO MAKE IT: Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
- ½ cup (120 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 bananas peeled, sliced and frozen
- 3 tablespoons organic smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- I used goji berries, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, chopped hazelnuts, homemade granola
- Other options: fresh or frozen berries, sliced banana, bee pollen, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, etc.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- You can adjust the amount of almond milk to make it thicker or thinner, depending on how you enjoy it. The desired consistency is like soft serve ice cream.
- Divide the smoothie between 2 bowls and garnish as desired.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Are the calories correct in the nutritional info? My organic PB is 180 calories for 2 tablespoons alone. With 2 bananas it’s well over 400.. just wondering if I’m reading it wrong.
Hi Cindy! The calories are correct. If you read in the recipe card there is written: “servings 2. Nutrition information is a for 1 chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl without toppings.”
So you have to use half of the ingredients for 1 bowl. I hope this helps :)