Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
Do you need a quick chocolate fix? Grab your favorite mug and prepare this super easy, moist, rich, fudgy, chocolate brownie mug cake.
You only need a handful of ingredients, a mug, a fork, and 3 minutes: one minute to mix the ingredients and two minutes to cook it in the microwave. Very little effort, minimal cleanup, and preparation time, no leftovers.
You can make this cake even more delicious by adding Nutella right before microwaving it or adding chocolate chips to the batter.
I topped it off with a giant scoop of cookies and cream ice cream. Other options: vanilla ice cream, pralines & cream ice cream, whipped cream, chopped nuts, caramel sauce, chocolate syrup, or chocolate shavings.
Please note that the cooking time will depend on your microwave wattage. Every microwave is different, so it may take a couple of tries for you to get the cooking time just right without overcooking it. Mine took about 1:50 minutes to cook, yours may take 1:30 or 2 minutes. Warning: if you overcook this it will turn rubbery! When it’s ready, it will be firm but springy to the touch.
If you are looking for an alternative to baking an entire batch of brownies, give this chocolate brownie mug cake a try!
How To Make It: Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
- ¼ cup (30 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup +1 tablespoon (75 ml) milk I used skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Toppings (optional) : caramel sauce, chocolate syrup, ice cream, chopped nuts, chocolate shavings, etc..,
- In a microwave-safe mug whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla. Whisk well to combine and make sure you have incorporated all the flour off the bottom of the mug.
- Microwave on high for about 1 minute and 20 seconds (*Please check notes) or until the cake is firm but springy to the touch. Do NOT over-bake!
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes, add your favorite toppings and serve!