Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
Do you need a quick chocolate fix? Grab your favorite mug and prepare this super easy, moist, rich, fudgy, chocolate brownie mug cake.
You only need a handful of ingredients, a mug, a fork, and 3 minutes: one minute to mix the ingredients and two minutes to cook it in the microwave. Very little effort, minimal cleanup, and preparation time, no leftovers.
You can make this cake even more delicious by adding Nutella right before microwaving it or adding chocolate chips to the batter.
I topped it off with a giant scoop of cookies and cream ice cream. Other options: vanilla ice cream, pralines & cream ice cream, whipped cream, chopped nuts, caramel sauce, chocolate syrup, or chocolate shavings.
Please note that the cooking time will depend on your microwave wattage. Every microwave is different, so it may take a couple of tries for you to get the cooking time just right without overcooking it. Mine took about 1:50 minutes to cook, yours may take 1:30 or 2 minutes. Warning: if you overcook this it will turn rubbery! When it’s ready, it will be firm but springy to the touch.
If you are looking for an alternative to baking an entire batch of brownies, give this chocolate brownie mug cake a try!
HOW TO MAKE IT: Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
- ¼ cup (30 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup +1 tablespoon (75 ml) milk I used skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Toppings (optional) : caramel sauce, chocolate syrup, ice cream, chopped nuts, chocolate shavings, etc..,
- In a microwave-safe mug whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla. Whisk well to combine and make sure you have incorporated all the flour off the bottom of the mug.
- Microwave on high for about 1 minute and 20 seconds (*Please check notes) or until the cake is firm but springy to the touch. Do NOT over-bake!
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes, add your favorite toppings and serve!
Delicious, perfect ‘after dinner’ chocolate treat. Thank you :-)
Glad you liked it, Nadine! :)
My husband was whining for dessert at 11:30 at night, so I Googled something quick and easy and this recipe came up. I made it as directed and used the 1 minute 20 second time to bake. It was firm but springy like the directions said it should be. After I took it out, I let it cool for a little bit, then topped it with chocolate syrup, carmel sauce and chopped pecans. The old man LOVED it! Thank-you for the recipe! We’ll be using it again I’m sure!
So glad he loved it, Nancy! Thank you for the feedback!
Came out yummy!
IT WAS AWESOME!!!! Just to the top of the mug, and a delicious treat for my mom and me.
Glad to hear that, Mia! :)
Made the cake and consequently, my mother’s day! It was amazing, although a bit too sweet for our taste (we do not consume sugar on a daily basis). Thanks a lot❤
Thank you for the feedback, Tanya! :)
Mmmmmm, this looks incredible!! Pinned as I absolutely want one of my own to plunge a spoon into!
I love making mug cakes. They are so quick and easy for a little chocolate fix.