Breaded Chicken Spinach Burgers
You’ve got to try these breaded chicken spinach burgers! A quick, easy and satisfying weeknight meal everyone will love, kids and adults alike.
The outside is crunchy and golden brown, the inside is juicy and tender. Super tasty!
Chicken spinach burgers are very easy and quick to make, they take less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Combine the ground chicken with spinach, parmesan cheese, green onion and breadcrumbs , shape the patties, dip them into beaten eggs and then coat with breadcrumbs. Once breaded, place the patties on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
I am not a big fan of frying food but if you prefer to shallow fry the burgers, go ahead.
Instead of a bun, I like to serve them in warm pita pockets garnished with some lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and radish.
Double the recipe and freeze some for later. Put the chicken spinach burgers on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for about 1 hour. Once they are frozen, place them in a large ziplock bag.
Make these burgers for dinner tonight. In fact, double the recipe, freeze some, have them again next Thursday night! 🙂
A quick and easy weeknight meal!
- 320 grams (11.3 ounces) ground chicken
- 200 grams (7 ounces) frozen spinach
- 2 eggs divided (1 beaten to coat the patties)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs + extra to coat patties
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (390 degrees F).
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave, then put them in a sieve and squeeze out as much water as you can. Pulse the spinach in a food processor until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground chicken, chopped spinach, one egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and salt. The mixture should be nice and light, but hold its shape if not, add more breadcrumbs.
- Shape the mixture into patties, coat them first in the beaten egg then in breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken spinach burger on the baking tray,
- drizzle or spray with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes turning halfway through cooking.
- Serve them hot or at room temperature.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!