Banana Peanut Butter Breakfast Muffins
Banana Peanut Butter Breakfast Muffins: easy, delicious, soft and moist. Make them ahead and freeze them for busy mornings! No butter, no oil
A warm banana peanut butter muffin and a hot cup of coffee or tea. Doesn’t this sound like a great start of the day?
These breakfast muffins are so delicious, moist, with a hint of cinnamon that gives the muffins a warm, comforting flavor.
The recipe is very easy and comes together quickly. When making muffins, it’s important not to over mix the batter. Gently combine the dry ingredients with the wet, until the dry ingredients are just combined. Mixing more than needed can create a muffin that is tough and dense.
You can add some chocolate chips or nuts if wish. I prefer to leave them plain and spread a spoonful of peanut butter over the top. This the perfect finishing touch! 😉
Store them at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Muffins freeze wonderfully too so you might want to make a double batch and freeze half. Wrap each muffin individually and reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds or let it defrost on the counter for about 20 minutes
If you bake a batch of these healthy banana peanut butter breakfast muffins let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #aseasyasapplepie on Instagram!
Banana Peanut Butter Breakfast Muffins: easy, delicious, soft and moist. Make them ahead and freeze them for busy mornings!
- 130 grams (1 cup+ 1 tablespoon) whole wheat flour
- 130 grams (1 cup + 1 tablespoon) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 55 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Spray the cavities of a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray or grease and flour.
- In a large bowl whisk together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the mashed bananas, milk, eggs, brown sugar, honey, and peanut butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring gently until combined. Do not over-mix!
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, approximately 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the banana peanut butter breakfast muffins to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool completely.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!