Balsamic Rainbow Summer Salad
This balsamic rainbow summer salad is perfect when it starts to get super hot outside. It’s fresh, crunchy, tart, sweet, and savory.
It tastes like summer in a bowl! I love how colorful, hearty and filling this salad is.
To make the balsamic rainbow summer salad I started with butter lettuce then I added the rest: sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado, basil, thyme, pecans and blackberries. I drizzled it with a balsamic vinaigrette and topped it with crumbled low fat feta cheese.
Feel free to use whatever nuts or berries you have on hand. I love pecans but you can use pistachios, walnuts, or almonds. You can substitute the blackberries with blueberries, raspberries or strawberries. I think peaches would work really nicely too. 🙂
This balsamic rainbow summer salad is so good and it can be pretty healthy as long as you don’t load it up with lots of feta cheese and too much dressing.
Next time you’re looking for a colorful salad, try this one. I can guarantee that it will be a crowd pleaser!
I’d love to hear your variations if you end up making this yourself!
This balsamic rainbow summer salad is perfect when it starts to get hot outside. It's fresh, crunchy, tart, sweet, and savory.
- 1 head butter lettuce chopped
- 200 grams ( 1 1/4 cup) canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 140 grams ( 3/4 cup) canned corn drained and rinsed
- 190 grams ( 1 1/4 cup) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 7 grams (1/2 cup) fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 110 grams (3/4 cup) fresh blackberries
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) pecans roughly chopped
- 1 avocado pitted and chopped
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) fat free crumbled feta cheese
- Balsamic vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the butter lettuce, chickpeas, corn, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, basil, thyme, blackberries and pecans.
- Take a small glass jar with a lid and combine the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper
- Shake all ingredients until well-blended.
- Once you are ready to serve the balsamic rainbow summer salad, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Add the avocado and crumbled feta cheese and gently toss again.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!