Baked Salmon Burgers
Are you tired of the usual burger? Baked salmon burgers are a lighter, healthier alternative.
They are very simple and quick to make: just put all the ingredients in a food processor, pulse, shape the patties, and pop them in the oven. In 25 minutes, your dinner is ready!
I served them up with homemade mini burger buns, tartare sauce, and kale. You can even serve these burgers with a simple salad or wrapped in lettuce.
I added an egg white and breadcrumbs to the ground salmon to keep the patties moist and flavorful. The breadcrumbs really help to keep the patties tender and hold their shape perfectly without falling apart.
To make the mini patties all the same size, I used an ice cream scoop and a round cookie cutter the same size as the burger buns. I placed the cookie cutter on the baking tray and pressed one scoop of the salmon mixture into it.
With these ingredients, you can make 3 regular-size burgers or 8 mini-burgers. Make a larger batch and freeze some for a quick midweek dinner!
Baked salmon burgers are tasty, very ffilling,and pleasing for the whole family.
How To Make It: Baked Salmon Burgers
- 10.6 oz. (300 g) salmon fillet skin off and chopped
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lime zest grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 475°F (250°C).
- With a sharp knife, carefully cut the skin off the salmon fillet.
- Chop the salmon into cubes and pulse it in a food processor with the spring onion until minced.
- Add the egg white, breadcrumbs, Dijon mustard, lime zest, salt, chili powder and pulse.The mixture should be nice and light, but hold its shape.
- Form it into even patties and put them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Bake the salmon burgers for 15 minutes turning halfway through cooking.