Baked Cheese Stuffed Chicken Meatballs
Who likes meatballs? We sure do! These baked cheese stuffed chicken meatballs are super easy to make, juicy, flavorful and everyone loves them!
You only need a few ingredients: ground chicken breast, zucchini, carrot, onion, parsley, breadcrumbs and cheddar cheese. You mix everything together in one bowl, roll them up, place a cube of cheddar cheese inside each meatballs, pop into the oven until they’re golden brown. Pretty simple, right? The whole thing can be on your table in 35 minutes.
In order to get uniform sized meatballs, I used an ice cream scoop. The recipe makes 18 meatballs…double or triple the recipe for a crowd or large family. You could, of course, make them bigger/smaller or shape them as burger patties instead.
If you prefer, replace the chicken with ground turkey and the cheddar cheese with whatever cheese you have on hand.
Baked cheese stuffed chicken meatballs can be served as an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce, as a main course with a salad, over noodles or in a sandwich.
The great thing about meatballs is that they freeze beautifully. Place them on a baking sheet and put it into the freezer for 3 hours, until the meatballs are hard. Then transfer them to a tupperware or ziplock bag.
If you are looking for dinner ideas, this is a great choice for a quick and simple weeknight meal!
Baked cheese stuffed chicken meatballs: flavorful, easy to make, versatile and can be made in advance and frozen for quick weeknight meals.
- 300 grams (10.6 ounces) lean ground chicken breast
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 85 grams (3 ounces) cheddar cheese cubed
- Olive oil non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (392 degrees F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, grated vegetables, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined. If the mixture is too wet add more breadcrumbs.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture, put a cube of cheddar cheese in the center and form a ball (slightly wet your hands, it helps from sticking).
- Place the meatballs on the baking sheet, spray with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!