Avocado Lime Hummus
This avocado lime hummus is creamy, nutritious, flavorful, super simple to whip up and incredibly yummy!
Only 8 ingredients, 2 minutes and a food processor… that’s all you need. Put all the ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth. Once it’s done, put it in a bowl, sprinkle with some paprika, drizzle with extra virgin olive and eat up!
You can usually find tahini in the ethnic section of your supermarket. I always have a jar available in the fridge to satisfy all my hummus cravings.
This recipe makes a medium bowl of avocado lime hummus, about 5 portions. If you are making it for a crowd, definitely double or triple it.
Serve it with tortilla chips, pita chips, whole wheat pita bread, crackers, vegetables or use it as a spread on sandwiches.
If you are a hummus lover, I have no doubt that you will enjoy this variation! Go ahead and give it a try!
Avocado Lime Hummus - creamy, nutritious, flavorful, super simple to whip up and incredibly yummy! Serve it as a dip or use it as a spread
- 130 grams ( 1/2 can - 4.6 ounces) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 medium ripe avocado cored and peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- water if needed
- To garnish (optional) : whole chickpeas, paprika, extra virgin olive oil
- Place the chickpeas, avocado and garlic into a food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Add tahini, lime juice, cumin, salt and continue processing.
- Whilst the food processor is still running, slowly add the extra virgin olive oil and keep mixing until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- If it's too thick add 1 tablespoon of water until the consistency is perfect.
- Place the hummus in a shallow bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, garnish with a few chickpeas and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve the avocado lime hummus immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. We’d love to see what you come up with!