Apple Pie Overnight Oats
This post has been sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company. All opinions are my own.
These filling and delicious apple pie overnight oats taste just as amazing as an apple pie.
Overnight oats are one of my favorite breakfast. They are ideal for those busy mornings when you’re running out of the door and are quite simply one of the easiest breakfasts you can make.
Here are just a few reasons why I love overnight oats:
– can be made ahead of time
– come together in less than 3 minutes.
– keep you fueled through the morning
– taste like a dessert
You only need 5 ingredients (Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats, dairy milk, applesauce, maple syrup and cinnamon), 3 toppings (walnuts, apples and cinnamon) and a mason jar.
Pour your Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats and cinnamon powder into a mason jar and stir.
Now add the liquid and stir in the applesauce and maple syrup. Your oats to liquid ratio should be 1:1. I typically stick with 1 cup of Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats and 1 cup of low fat dairy milk as the base for my overnight oats, which fits perfectly into a 16-ounce mason jar with all the tasty mix-ins and toppings.
Put a lid on the jar, shake to combine and let it sit overnight or at least 4-5 hours in the refrigerator. The long soaking time allows the liquid to soften the oats, creating a creamy oatmeal without any cooking.
In the morning, top it with a diced apple, chopped walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
The mixture may look a little watery at first, but the oats act like little sponges while you sleep and soak up most of the moisture.
You can make a big batch of apple pie overnight oats and enjoy breakfasts throughout the week, they’ll last for a few days in the refrigerator.
Overnight oats are meant to be consumed cold. You can let the jar sit on the counter for ½ hour to take the chill off or, if you want to warm them up you can do so in the microwave.
Have you tried overnight oats before? What are your favorite toppings and flavor combinations?
Thanks to The Quaker Oats Company for sponsoring this post!
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- 90 grams (1 cup) Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 240 ml (1 cup) low fat dairy milk
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 small apple diced
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) walnuts chopped
- In a 16-ounce mason jar, combine the Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats and cinnamon powder.
- Stir, then add the milk, maple syrup and applesauce.
- Stir again, cover with the lid, and place the jar in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4-5 hours.
- In the morning, remove from the refrigerator, give the mason jar a good shake before removing the lid and garnish with a diced apple. chopped walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Serve chilled.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy your apple pie overnight oats!