Who knew cauliflower rice could be so tasty! Cauliflower is a great substitute for rice when you’re looking for something a little healthier, lower in carbs and grain free. It’s perfect especially for those following a Paleo diet.
This cauliflower fried rice is so quick and easy to make! In 20 minutes you can have a totally delicious main or side dish that everyone will love.
All you need to do is wash a head of cauliflower, remove the florets from the stem, and pulse it in the food processor until it has the consistency of rice. You can also use the shredding blade of your food processor or a box grater. Then simply stir fry the grated cauliflower with the rest of the ingredients. The final result is pretty amazing!
Feel free to add chicken, shrimp, or other proteins to make it a complete meal.
Once the cauliflower is riced, cook what you need, and store the rest, uncooked, in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter for a few minutes before using.
Even if you aren’t a fan of cauliflower, I recommend you trying this quick and easy cauliflower fried rice. You won’t be disappointed! 🙂
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 253 g
- Calories: 141
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Saturated fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.0 g
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 558 mg
- Fiber: 5.6 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
- Cholesterol: 93 mg
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 160 grams (1 cup) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2-3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (Tamari for gluten free, Coconut Aminos for paleo)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Rinse and chop the cauliflower into florets and put into a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sautee the garlic, ginger and onion, until the onion soften (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the peas, carrots and cook until they are heated through (about 3 minutes).
- Slide the vegetables to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs.
- Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetables.
- Add the cauliflower rice, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender and a bit crispy.
- Remove from heat, add the chopped spring onions and serve.